At the recent TGC conference, Jen Wilkin gave a brilliant breakout on adult education in the local church. We need more classes, more active learning environments, more bars raised, more disciples learning the drama of redemption and their place in making disciples and making much of Jesus till the trumpet blares.
With all of the access we have to the Bible—and the resources we have to help us learn the Bible—it’s time we take Bible literacy seriously again.
At the beginning of her breakout, Jen popped a Bible quiz on the crowd. 20 questions.
- Name the First 3 Israelite Kings
- Where did Jesus grow up?
- Who moved from Ur to a country he did not know?
- What were the occupations of Cain and Abel?
- Who prophesied, “Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given”?
- How many books are in the Bible? In the Old Testament? In the New Testament?
- How many years of famine did Joseph prophesy to Pharaoh?
- What is the name of Jacob’s youngest son?
- What is Noah’s first act when he emerges from the ark?
- Who are the sons of Zebedee?
- How many people were saved on the ark?
- Who said to whom, “Man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart”?
- What type of animal did Balaam ride? (Extra points for King James Version)
- Who commanded the sun and moon to stand still?
- Which of Jesus’s miracles is recorded in all four Gospels?
- What is the other name for Mount Horeb?
- What were the names of the mother and grandmother of Jacob?
- Which two men were recorded as having never died?
- Who made the Golden Calf?
- Which disciple found a coin in the mouth of a fish?
Answers aren’t provided. Look them up yourselves, you buncha heathens.